- Home made tagliatelle (I like this recipe - don't worry about finding Tipo "00" flour and just use regular unbleached flour), or fresh store-bought tagliatelle or fettucine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (use more if you like your pasta a bit saucier ... which I do)
- 6-8 slices of prosciutto, torn into 1" pieces
- zest and juice of one orange (you'll only need 1/2 of the zest)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- fresh ground pepper
- Assuming you've made the pasta by now (if not, check this video), bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the prosciutto and saute until crisp & just browned.
- Put the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente - about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, to the pan with the prosciutto add in the cream, orange juice, and 1/2 the zest (you can always add more after if you want more orange flavour) and bring to a boil. Add in 1/2 cup of the pasta water. When the pasta is ready (remember not to over-cook as it'll cook a bit more in the sauce!), add it to the pan and toss to coat. If the pasta sauce is a bit sticky, loosen it with a bit more pasta water.
- Season with pepper and if needed, salt. Toss with cheese and serve immediately!