For the Chicken:
Ingredients (for the chicken - serves 2):
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/4c dry white wine
- 1c chicken stock
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped tarragon
- kosher salt
- canola oil
- Cover the chicken with 2 layers of plastic wrap. Using a meat pounder, pound out the meat to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix together the paprika and curry with a good pinch of salt. Season the chicken breasts on both sides and refrigerate for 2 hours (and up to 12 hours).
- Pre-heat oven to 200F. Heat some canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan (do not crowd - do in batches if you need) and cook until the bottom is golden brown, about 1.5 minutes. Turn over and cook through. Repeat with all pieces. Place the chicken in the oven while you make the sauce.
- Melt 1tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallot to the pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the wine and increase heat to medium-high; cook until the wine is reduced by 1/2. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil; reduce by about 1/2. Stir in the remaining butter and chopped tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken on a plate; pour the sauce over it. Garnish with extra tarragon if you want!