- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- about 15 good black olives (I used a combo of moroccan sun dried olives and kalamata)
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Put about 2 tbsp of olive oil in the pan and heat a medium-sized oven-proof skillet to medium-high heat
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper (both sides). When oil is hot but not smoking, place chicken skin side down into the pan. Let cook until the skin is golden brown. If the chicken doesn't want to lift from the pan when you try to turn it, it's not ready yet.
- Once the skin is browned, turn the chicken over and cook for about another 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pit and chop the olives. Combine with the pine nuts with about 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Pour olive mixture over chicken. Put the skillet in the oven and cook until chicken is done - about 15 minutes.
Serve hot over basmati rice.